Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chewy Ginger Cookies


So I'm off again, week nine already?  I've missed two weeks so far, which isn't such a hot record.  I totally missed last week's cookie recipe, our mouths were otherwise occupied with another recipe and sometimes there is such a thing as too much sugar.  Happily this recipe is totally worth waiting for!  I chose this cookie on a whim.  The recipe I had picked out originally was very similar to a recipe I was already baking that day, so I went with these instead.  They're a perfect hybrid of the seasons, the end of fall and the beginning of Christmas.  They're something akin to gingerbread, with the molasses and ginger, but still in the spice camp that I love so much during fall.  These chewy ginger cookies were super easy to throw together, chill in the fridge and bake up perfectly.  They smelled amazing as I decorated my little house for Christmas, tunes playing softly in the background.  I absolutely loved them!

Baking notes:
-I made a half recipe of these cookies, which made one dozen plump cookies.
- I used blackstrap (very very dark) molasses instead of light molasses because that is all I had on hand.  It made them a little more gingerbread flavoured, but didn't bother me at all.
-I over baked the cookies by a few minutes, totally on accident.  They still turned out delicious, just a little crunchier (and not in a bad way!).

The recipe for Chewy Ginger Cookies is not available online.

50/569

No comments:

Post a Comment