Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes

It was her birthday and she asked me two weeks ago to bring cupcakes.  I checked and double checked the schedule.  I made the cupcakes after dinner and brought them to work. At 11pm do I see her walking down the hallway towards me? No, she called in sick.  Whooomp whooooomp.  I fed the cupcakes to my co-workers who did show up, but I certainly felt silly for my efforts.  Luckily, the reviews I got were rave!  I set myself a challenge on Sunday not to go to the store for five days, for anything.  And so far I've succeeded!  The challenge with the cupcakes was that the options in the book are so limited and most of the recipes are quite different, so I didn't have six limes on hand, or cans of sweetened coconut.  I settled on this lemon cupcake with secret pockets of jam, and everyone was happy.

Baking notes:
-I made a half batch of the recipe, which made 7 cupcakes.
-Instead of raspberry jam I used a fruit punch jam I made last year.
-Instead of the glaze frosting in the recipe (not much worth celebrating with a glaze frosting if you ask me), I used a simple cream cheese lemon frosting.  It was the icing on the cake.
-I think the cupcakes might have been a little over baked at 20 minutes, I recommend checking on them at 18 minutes.

The recipe for Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes can be found on the epicurious website.

78/569

No comments:

Post a Comment